Where is IGP? Read how this lawyer escaped death from the police at Oyo State police station

*HOW I WAS UNLAWFULLY BULLIED, HARRASED, ASSAULTED, MOBBED, DEGRADED, DEHUMANIZED, ALMOST-KILLED AND BUNDLED OUT OF THE (SPECIAL) ANTI-KIDNAPPING SQUAD POLICE STATION (FORMERLY SPECIAL ANTI-ROBBERY SQUAD; ‘SARS’ OFFICE) AT DUGBE IBADAN; BY JOINT ACTION AND ORDER OF THE 2-I-C (INSP ANTHONY ISAAC), OF ANTI-KIDNAPPING SQUAD, WHO TOGETHER WITH HIS MEN JOINTLY DESCENDED HEAVILY ON ME FOR GOING TO PERFORM MY DUTY UNDER THE LAW DEMAND FOR N1, 000, 000, 000 (ONE BILLION NAIRA COMPENSATION* My name is Richarmond O. Natha-Alade, I am a legal practitioner with office on Ring Road Ibadan, Oyo State. I am deeply pained, disappointed, saddened but compelled to write and officially report to your noble office, the ILLEGAL and UNLAWFUL conducts of the men under your command; officially attached to the station dedicated for Special Anti-Kidnapping; located at office formerly known as Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) station, at Dugbe, Ibadan. The facts necessitating writing your noble office is as follows: 1. I got briefed from an acquaintance of a suspect (Kayode Adeyemo) who was arrested and currently been detained at Special Anti-Kidnapping Squad, police station at Dugbe for borrowing about 1, 000, 000 (One Million Naira) from one Fullrange Bank Plc, and yet to pay same back in full, having defaulted. 2. In my capacity as his briefed counsel, I went to the station first on the 26th day of October, 2021, in company of two other persons, one of whom is a female lawyer and the client that briefed me. 3. On getting to the station, I asked of the Investigating Police Officer (IPO) in charge of the matter, One Inspector Alao Oluseye’s name was mentioned. 4. Sighting us from a distance, we approached him (Insp. Oluseye), We sought to seek audience with the said IPO, having introduced ourselves as counsels to Kayode Adeyemo, he became hostile and evasive, we persuaded to see him on the matter, he simply withdrew (giving all body language devoid of courtesy), he snubbed us walking away, while telling us that the matter is directly handled by the station Second-in-Command (2-I-C) and he cannot speak with us. 5. We sought to find the office of the 2-I-C to at least hear from the police what the offence of our client was, having been detained for three days, some of the police officers we approached informed us that the 2-I-C has gone to Eleyele, telling us to wait if we can. 6. After some hours of waiting, and seeming like the 2-I-C would not come, we asked if we could speak with him on phone, the police men around declined, stating that they cannot release his number. 7. We were then compelled to ask if the O/C or any other Superior officer is on ground., we were avoided by many of the officers who seems to be in the know of the suspect we came for, as they all became hostile; luckily, a police officer who seems not to know our purpose, answered us and pointed to the direction of the O/C office in assistance. 8. Myself and in company of other persons with me went to the O/Cs office and sought audience with him; he was in a meeting when we met him; he rounded up the meeting shortly having received a call and sought audience with us. 9. The O/C though in a hurry, waited and heard us out in utmost courtesy, he asked of the IPO and 2-I-C in charge of the case from other police men around, but none of them was around. Thence, he promised to come back and attend to us; according to him he was rushing to meet a superior at Iyaganku police station. 10. Not long after, when it was getting dark, we left the station, having been advised by one of the officers to come back by morning time the following day. *ISSUES CULMUNATING TO MY INHUMAN / DEGRADING TREATMENT, HARASSMENT, ASSAULT, BEING MOBBED, ALMOST-KILLED, AND BUNDLED OUT OF THE (SPECIAL) ANTI-KIDNAPPING SQUAD POLICE STATION BY ISP. ANTHONY ISAAC (2-I-C) AND HIS MEN* . 11. On the 27TH day of October, 2021, following the previous day advice, I went in company of another male Lawyer to the Special Anti-Kidnapping Office, at Dugbe, Ibadan. 12. Arriving there, I met my client, One Mr. Ajayi who said he met several police men at the small entrance gate and they ordered him to go back upon mentioning the name of the suspect we sought to see and the 2-I-C having asked them, was this the man that went to see the O/C yesterday?. Of which they answered in the affirmative. Hence, he was ordered out immediately. 13. In same vein, I approached the small entrance gate with a co-lawyer that followed me. I met several of them (about 6) sitted in a small entrance throughway that can hardly accommodate 4 (four) people, they were with different ammunitions and many of them were putting on mufty (including the supposed 2-I-C), having not met him, I do not know him. 14. I assumed all of them are police men assigned to stand at the gate, now seeking shelter under the confinement of the small room (passage into the station). 15. In trying to find a free space to stand out of the shoddy and overcrowded passage-room, I walked past some of the policemen sitting and headed towards the extreme end of the small room. 16. I approached them in the small room and introduced myself as counsel, mentioning the name of the suspect I came for. 17. The 2-I-C (Insp. Anthony Isaac) became furious, ordering me to go out with the most demeaning, discourteous and disdainful manner (he was in mufti dress, and at that time, I never knew even if he was a police officer, though I assumed so). 18. I politely reminded him of the earlier introduction of myself as counsel, and that it was not too good to ask me to go out. 19. His voice became stronger, and all of them in the small room joined him to yell at me to go out, saying he is their boss. This later became an argument, as I reminded them that the police station is a public place and it was wrong for them to order me out, not even when I had introduced myself as a lawyer. 20. I cautioned them to be wary of treating everybody that comes to their station as nuisance as same never speak well of the image of the police, my statement above made them more furious; and in bid to find justification for their unlawful conduct and find justification to do more, the 2-I-C twisted my sentence, saying I was calling him a nuisance. 21. Following the above, the 2-I-C ordered his men to harass me, batter me, molest me and bundle me out of his presence at any cost. Hence, I was dehumanized, disgraced and unjustly given treatment tantamount to being degraded, even before my client and colleague. 22. Most interestingly, their unprofessional and disgraceful conducts attracted some passers-by who watched everything in full glare, as they forcefully bundled me out of their station to the road. 23. His fellow police men on the 2-I-C order swoop on me like bees, shouting at the top of their voices, cocking guns, threatening to shoot, hitting my head and body with their fist, and carrying different parts of my body to forcefully eject me from their presence and the vicinity of the police station. 24. I was amazed at the show of disdain, shame, total lack of courtesy, brutal force and naked power shown by the supposed men trusted with guns to secure lives and property of Nigerians. 25. I emphatically told them in bid to make them come back to their senses, that I would have them reported and I would enforce my right, instead of the expected positive effect, they became more lawless, as they unleash further terror on me, they insultingly told me to go and report to the Inspector General of Police and go to court, bullying me that nothing would happen; while calling me all manners of unprintable names. 26. I reflected on the essence of #Endsars protest, its resultant scrapping of #SARS and the emergence of new #SARS in the former/old #SARS office, Dugbe. 27. Of it all, I was brutalized and prevented performing my duties, bullied and ridiculed before my client even when I requested to see the O/C (overall head) in charge of the station who attended to us nicely the previous day; they ordered me out and battered me instead, saying I can't be allowed to see him. In the light of the foregoing, I most humbly call on your noble office to effect the following demands: *MY DEMANDS* : 1. Full identification and disclosure of the names and identity of the Second-in-Command (2-i-C) of Special Anti-Kidnapping Police Department, Dugbe Police Station, who led the unjust and dastardly unlawful act against me. 2. Call to order and exercise all disciplinary measures against all police officers involved. 3. Compensation to the tune of 1, 000, 000, 000 (One Billion Naira) for the inhuman and degrading treatment I was subjected to. 4. Public Apology in Three (3) Majour and most widely read news paper in Nigeria addressed to me. Kindly take this as a pre-action notice to enforce my rights under the ambits of law if upon 3 (three) clear days, my demands are not met. *Richarmond O. Natha-Alade*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What i learned about Green Growth and Tourism in a Belgian University

OMG ! Obasanjo releases another bombshell against Tinubu

Here is permanent solution to STROKE